This webinar, supported by the Partners for Water programme, will be a follow-up of the Balkan Business Dialogue organised by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) and the regional Dutch Embassies in Western Balkans, in March 2020.
The webinar will last 90 minutes. The first 60 minutes will consist of pitches with experiences by water experts and urban planners from leading Dutch and regional organisations, and presentations on possible approaches and opportunities for climate resilient cities. The last 30 minutes will be reserved for an open discussion.
Date: Monday, 29 June
Time: 14.00 - 15.30 CET
Location: online. Registered participants will receive instructions on how to join the session.
- 13:50 | Virtual Walk-In
- 14:00 | Opening by NWP. Introduction, meeting goals, NWP's role in the Balkans, and urban resilience
- 14:08 | Interaction
- 14:10 | Blue & Green Corridors for Sustainable Solutions with Mitja Bricelj, Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning, Slovenia
- 14:17 | Urban Nature-based Solutions as part of the EU Floods Directive with Job Udo of HKV
- 14:24 | KWR and Balkan Urban Resilience: How to Bridge Science to Practice with Jan Vreeburg of KWR
- 14:34 | Moving towards (urban) resilience in Balkans with Annegien Tijssen of Deltares
- 14:42 | 2-min break
- 14:44 | Adapting to climate extremes by planning and design with water, with Milena Ivkovic of ISOCARP
- 14:51 | The Power of Public Space with Martin Sobota of CITYFÖRSTER
- 14:58 | World Bank on Urban Resilience in the Western Balkans with Darko Milutin of the World Bank Urban and Disaster Risk Management Europe and Central Asia, Country Office, Serbia
- 15:05 | Discussion and Q&A
- 15:25 | Concluding remarks by NWP
Participants will receive the executive summary of the given presentations after the webinar.
To follow this webinar, please submit the registration form below before Monday, 29 June at 10 am CET. If you have questions, please contact Project Manager Central and Eastern Europe, Darja Kragić Kok, at firstname.lastname@example.org.