Are you a student in the Netherlands seeking an internship and are you passionate about climate resilience and/or water technology?
The Asia team at NWP is looking for a colleague with educational background on water management, international development, or related field to join our team for the term August - December 2021.
- Contributing to the team with your educational experiences and knowledge on either one (or combination of) following themes: water technology, climate resilience, flood risk mitigation, adaptation & mitigation, urban agriculture, and nature-based solutions
- Being part of a team working remotely on online activities with international partners in government, private, and educational sectors
- Supporting with research activities, creating content for online publication, and supporting with the creation of presentation materials
- Providing support to the Project Officers, Project Managers, and Regional Managers on special projects
- Availability of 32-40 hours weekly, mostly working remotely with occasional pre-arranged in-person meetings at our office in The Hague
- Relevant background or coursework in either one (or combination of) following themes: water technology, climate resilience, flood risk mitigation, adaptation & mitigation, urban agriculture, and nature-based solutions is desired
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Being currently enrolled in a university program (or about to graduate) with internship requirements
- Strong content development skills and familiarity with online meeting platforms, such as ZOOM and Teams
- Languages English and Dutch
- Familiarity or knowledge about Dutch water sector organisations is welcome
- Disposition and openness to work in a dynamic team, learn, share knowledge and grow!
What we offer
- An internship of at least 4 days a week.
- Graduation research in combination with cooperation is also possible in consultation.
- A placement fee based on training and time commitment.
- Above all, a challenging and innovative learning environment in which initiative is appreciated!
If you meet the criteria, you are invited to apply through the link below. Send us your motivation letter and CV in a single document; Tell us why you want to be part of the NWP, why you think you are perfect for this internship, and when your internship period will be. If you have any questions, please contact Lonneke van Klei +31 70 304 3704, firstname.lastname@example.org.