This position has been filled.
Are you familiar with the water sector, experienced in project development, and finance? Is doing business globally part of your experience and are you eager to work for the Dutch water sector? Do you have what it takes to bring organisations from different countries and backgrounds together and engage them with diverse stakeholders? Are you ready to play a role in helping solve water issues, creating economic opportunities, bringing people together, and building new business relations? If so, definitely continue reading!
The Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP) is the Dutch water sector’s network organisation. The Netherlands has a rock-solid reputation when it comes to water, we believe this expertise can make a difference worldwide. Because of this, we help the Dutch water sector share, connect and involve in opportunities related to export, international cooperation, and promotion. The NWP has 200 members, profit and non-profit, from water technology to water infrastructure, NGO, and government. We help join these forces to create a positive impact worldwide. The NWP’s ambition is to double the international impact of the Dutch water sector through its contribution to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
We are looking for a passionate, and experienced professional to supplement our Finance for Water team. One of the focal themes in NWP’s strategy is ‘Finance for Water’, with as main objective to bring the (Dutch) water and finance sector closer together. You create a clear view on what is required to support the Dutch water sector to face the global water challenges, and to further strengthen its international competitive position both in the field of project finance as well as corporate finance.
You set up and mobilize funding for activities that build capacity in the Dutch water sector and finance sector in the field of project development and the financing of water projects. Besides working form our office, next to the central railway station in The Hague, your activities will include to visit network events and our members in the Netherlands regularly. Your function include travel internationally several times per year to support our work overseas.
• Together with the team you increase insight in available financial instruments and share these insights with the Dutch water sector
• You energize knowledge sharing among colleagues and partners.
• You support your NWP colleagues in making the required financial knowledge and expertise available.
• You connect our network with a wide range of financiers (private, international finance institutes) in a way that benefits our members.
• This includes matchmaking and consortium building between relevant stakeholders.
• Internally you connect the finance for water theme with market intelligence (from our regional teams) and business intelligence (from the Dutch water sector)
• You develop partnerships and mobilize funds to scale up NWP’s Finance for Water activities such as KIFFWA in Kenya.
• You help to improve NWP’s and the Dutch water sectors insight in available financial instruments, both public and private as well as national and international.
• You contribute to policy making by sharing ideas and expertise with contacts within the Dutch government, the Dutch water sector and the finance sector.
• You will be working with colleagues of similar profiles in an international, challenging and innovative environment.
• This position allows you to fulfil a key-role in the world of water and finance.
• A position in which you can contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Netherlands International Water Ambition (NIWA).
• A broad perspective on the Dutch and global water sector to expand your already respectable network.
• A good salary, based on skills and experience, and good employment conditions. The NWP facilitates necessary tools such as a personal laptop.
• Working hours are flexible and partly working from home is possible.
• An environment that welcomes new ideas, we are constantly looking for ways to improve the way we work. We are open to adapt our services to match changing demands.
• Higher education (Bachelor or Master) International Business, Finance, Economics or related.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience with (infrastructure) project finance and innovative finance for both emerging markets and developed countries.
• You’re a hunter who loves the thrill of new business and the recognition from contributing to growth and impact.
• Extensive experience in project management, business development and networking.
• You speak the language of both the water sector and the financial sector, which enables you to bridge the gap between water and finance.
• A good command of the Dutch and English language is required; knowledge of another language is an advantage.
• Bastiaan Lammers, Manager Operations, 06 46042952 / firstname.lastname@example.org or
• Hans van den Adel, HR & Facility manager, 070 304 3730 / email@example.com for more information on profile and procedure.
Please use the apply-button and send your motivation and CV in one document before 13 March. Note: Only applications received through the online application process on the NWP site will be considered.