This position has been filled.
Are you familiar with the water sector, with doing business internationally, and are eager to work for the Dutch water sector? Do you have what it takes to bring organisations from different countries and backgrounds together and engage them with diverse stakeholders? Are you ready to play a role in helping solve water issues, creating economic opportunities, and bringing people together? If so, definitely continue reading!
The Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP) is the Dutch water sector’s network organisation. The Netherlands has a rock-solid reputation when it comes to water, we believe this expertise can make a difference worldwide. Because of this, we help the Dutch water sector share, connect, and involve in opportunities related to export, international cooperation, and promotion. The NWP has 200 members, profit and non-profit, from water technology to water infrastructure, NGO, and government. We help join these forces to create a positive impact worldwide. NWP’s ambition is to double the international impact of the Dutch water sector through its contribution to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
We are looking for a passionate professional to supplement our region teams. As a Project Officer, you will work on international projects. In cooperation with colleagues, experts, and the water sector you work on solving international water challenges. Your profile will play a role in defining the main activities and subjects that will be the focus of your work. As a networker, you know how to bring global experts, local organisations, developers, suppliers, and authorities together.
You understand what our members need in order to be successful abroad, and you are able to work in a structured way towards project goals.
If you would like to apply your knowledge, experience, and network to grow in an independent role, this is an ideal opportunity for you. Besides working form our office, next to the central railway station in The Hague, your activities will include to visit network events and our members in the Netherlands regularly. Your functions include travel internationally several times per year to support our work overseas.
• Establish meetings with different kinds of organisations and contribute to trade missions.
• Together with the team, you help unlock market intelligence for your region of focus and are able to translate this into concrete business opportunities for our members or the NWP.
• Make results visible by facilitating the sharing of the knowledge and experience gained.
• Initiate, build, and maintain partnerships between local parties in the regions of our focus abroad and the Dutch water sector.
• Cooperate on a government-to-government level and in close contact with several Dutch Ministries and governmental officials abroad.
• Build new and innovative business opportunities for the NWP.
• Execute a regional strategy based on the Netherlands International Water Ambition (NIWA), on a thematic approach, on member needs, and on regional market intelligence.
• Be the account manager for a number of NWP members.
• Manage the activities around countries in your region that are the focus of the Partners for Water program.
• You will be working with colleagues of similar profiles in an international, challenging, and innovative environment.
• This position allows you to fulfil a key-role in the world of water.
• A position in which you contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
• A broad perspective on the Dutch and global water sector to expand your network.
• To use and expand your experience and knowledge.
• A good salary, based on skills and experience, good employment conditions. The NWP facilitates necessary tools such as a personal laptop.
• Working hours are flexible and working from home is possible.
• An environment that welcomes new ideas, we are constantly looking for ways to improve the way we work. We are open to adapt our services to match changing demands.
• Higher education (Bachelor or Master) in International Business or a related field.
• Affinity-with, or education in water technology is an advantage.
• An entrepreneurial mindset, an ease for networking, and an affinity with business development.
• Several years of experience in a similar position.
• Experience in working on projects in a public or private environment. International experience within the regions of our focus is an advantage.
• A good command of the Dutch and English language is required; knowledge of another language is an advantage.
• Experience in account management.
• Being able to translate the needs of our members into concrete opportunities in the regions of our focus (business intelligence).
• You have demonstrated experience in combining market and business intelligence.
• Bastiaan Lammers, Manager Operations, 06 46042952 / firstname.lastname@example.org or
• Hans van den Adel, HR & Facility manager, 070 304 3730 / email@example.com for more information on profile and procedure.
Please use the apply-button and send your motivation and CV in one document. Note: Only applications received through the online application process on the NWP-site will be considered.