As our new colleague you have the opportunity to work closely with international teams on all water-related topics, and more. The Dutch water sector can make a profound global impact in themes such as coastal protection, circular economy and climate change adaptation. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague that helps us emphasize this through the organisation and communication of all types of events: large international physical events as well as hybrid and online events.
We believe we can work towards a sustainable future where over 9 billion people live well and in balance with the earth’s resources. A future that is water driven, for society as well as for businesses. We are the Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP), a network of Dutch water organisations, that together co-create innovative and future-proof solutions.
NWP is an organisation driven by networkers with an entrepreneurial mindset. We celebrate our diversity and inclusivity in who we are, how we think and how we act. We aim for personal growth matching both organisational and personal goals. The human input is well balanced, compensated and appreciated in a sustainable manner.
Together with your Marcom & Events colleagues and regional and thematic teams you develop, coordinate, and execute various events to match international challenges to Dutch expertise. This means:
- You coordinate the creation of (online) Netherlands Pavilions at international events such as Singapore International Water Week, Stockholm International Water Week, Weftec et cetera; This includes sales, account management, negotiate with the organizers and developing a content programme.
- You coordinate the organisation of trade missions;
- You initiate and/or coordinate study tours and platform meetings for international groups both online and offline;
- You are the go-to-person when it comes to events hosted in The Netherlands, such as Aqua Nederland Vakbeurs, Aquatech, Amsterdam International Water Week;
- You see an event as part of a marketing and communications strategy, and you enjoy combining the event with other communication means;
- You approach an event as part of a larger customer journey and know how to keep the audience engaged, especially in an online environment;
- You enjoy promoting the event and take pride in getting as many relevant participants.
What we offer
- As an (online) events and communications specialist at NWP, you get to work on matters that matter. The projects we work on have a significant positive impact on the world;
- You will be working with like-minded colleagues in an international and ambitious environment;
- There’s a lot of freedom and opportunity for you to come up with and execute good ideas like commercializing events and new online tools;
- NWP offers you a competitive salary, good employment conditions, a six-month contract to start with and interesting perks;
- Working hours are flexible and working from home is very well facilitated;
- Many of our events are set abroad, so you will be travelling if possible.
What we ask
- Higher education in event management and/or communications;
- Several years experience (>5 years) in a similar position, preferably in a commercial environment;
- In-depth experience and a proven track record of today's online event possibilities;
- An entrepreneurial mindset;
- Affinity with topics water and international business;
- An open and learning mind, and the ability to work well with a variety of people and cultures;
- Excellent knowledge and experience in event promotion and organisation;
- You have a strategic view and at the same time have an eye for detail, are creative and innovative, independent, can easily collaborate and switch from one task to another.
- Nicole Hellwig, Manager Marketing and Communications, 06 82955975 / email@example.com or
- Hans van den Adel, HR & Facility Manager, 070 304 3730 / firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on profile and procedure.