After signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the World Bank last June to support coastal resilience efforts in West Africa under the WACA program, NWP announced its plans to establish a Dutch WACA Hub to connect Dutch water expertise to the coastal challenges of West Africa. NWP has engaged with several key players from the Dutch water sector and seen many opportunities for contribution and collaboration within the WACA framework.
As a follow up, NWP will host an online WACA meets Dutch Water Sector session on 24 September. This session intends to connect the WACA program (and the World Bank) to the Dutch water sector.
During the session, both NWP and World Bank will be present to speak on the strategic partnership and the WACA program, as well answer any possible questions you may have.
Date: 24 September
Time: 15:00 – 17:00 CET
Location: Online meeting. Instructions will be sent to registered participants.
- 15 minutes | Welcome & Introduction to meeting
- Strategic implications of collaboration
- Overview of participants
- 30 minutes | WB presentation
- WACA strategic priorities and themes/topics (Platform & ResIP)
- WACA processes and avenue for engagement (Platform & ResIP)
- 15 minutes | Q&A
- 5 minutes | Break
- 40 minutes | Breakout sessions: Country approach*
- 15 minutes | Wrap up & next steps
*Countries (3) to be selected based on input from registration form.
The registration for this event is now closed.
For additional questions, please contact Raül Glotzbach at firstname.lastname@example.org.