The Programme is an initiative of the Netherlands Water Partnership, Financing Table Water Technology, Dutch Top Consortium for Knowledge and Innovation Water Technology, and the Partners for Water Programme.
The programme at glance
The Investor Readiness Programme consists of three core components:
- four masterclasses given by financial experts and experienced entrepreneurs;
- 1-on-1 guidance by a financial expert; and,
- a project proposal pitch to a varied group of financiers, including (inter)nationally oriented banks, impact investors and venture capital funds, during the Programme’s final ceremony, the Investor Day – Water.
The four masterclasses will address the following topics:
- Masterclass 1 | Finding the right financier for you: examination of different types of financing options and financiers.
- Masterclass 2 | Creating a viable financial proposition: exploration of information that should be included in a financial paragraph.
- Masterclass 3 | Boosting your international entrepreneurship: overview of do’s & dont’s and review of financial instruments for international business.
- Masterclass 4 | Enhancing your pitch: understanding what investors and financiers want to hear in a pitch, and what you should / should not talk about.
The first edition of this annual programme will be held in 2021. The masterclasses and 1-on-1 guidance will take place in September and October of this year. The Programme’s final ceremony, the Investor Day – Water, including the investor pitch sessions, will take place in November 2021.
Organisations interested in participating in the Investor Readiness Programme should meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered in the Dutch Commercial Register (KVK Handelsregister).
- Must be active in the water sector, and preferably in the technology field.
- Must have a specific financing need ranging from EUR 50,000 to EUR 5 million.
Get on board
If you are interested in participating in the Investor Readiness Programme or would like to become a partner, please reach out to NWP Project Officer for Finance for Water, Lisanne Evenhuis.